Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Brighter Days

Well I got the job at the Y! The interview was one of those group interviews, with two other girls, and I went in there not prepared with mental notes with what to say. I was nervous, and once I left I went over the questions in my head and came up with better answers. But all that doesn't matter, because two days later, I recieved the call, and was told I could have the job. Being really excited, I couldn't contain my joy, and blurted out how happy and excited I was. I still am. I'm excited to work again, to bring Elliot with me, to get a FREE membership, to sign up for exercise classes, and most importantly-to get out of this house. The slightly bad thing is that I thought this was a Monday through Friday job, but I was told it's only for two days a week with one to two Saturdays a month. And it's minimum wage. I'm not complaining, because I could be without a job all together again. It's just that it makes it a little bit harder to move out now.

Side note, Jeff is finished at FedEx, all the temp people's time is up. I'm sad that he wasn't offered a permanent position, yet he didn't hear talk of the possibility from anyone. Not even other drivers. But I'm also happy because lately he's been gone for so long and working late, and we haven't been able to have family time.

The thought of getting a second job has crossed my mind, however. I figured I could work at the Y, and also do medcial billing and coding at home. But to do that, I would have to make money for the classes. So today, I had to fill out the paper work and I asked if this position could turn into full time work. The lady said no, but what a lot of people do is work multiple jobs within the Y. And I said I would be interested in doing that, but it didn't go further than that. Just the possibility of working two jobs at the Y is good enough for me.

I feel a lot less stressful now. I think a huge part was due to Jeff working late and I basically took care of Elliot on my own without leaving the house. But I do want to start counseling. There are a few things that I feel are keeping me down, and if I talk to a therapist, then weight can finally be lifted from my shoulders.

I have to wait a week for the papers to be processed at the Y, then I'll get a call to set up the times for training. But I am super excited. Finally, good things can start happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment