Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Don't Sweat It

Yes, I know it's been a few weeks. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to type a blog. Elliot's photo shoot went great. He didn't sleep on the way there, so I knew he would be cranky. Thankfully, he was only cranky in between shoots. So now it's a waiting game. The pictures will be up on the website soon, and now we have to wait to hear back to see if someone wants Elliot for their magazine/newspaper, etc.

Thanksgiving was good. Very small and simple. Jeff came to church with Elliot and I, then we went over to Jeff's house to eat, came back to my house and slept. Small. Simple.

Lately I've been looking for a job. Jeff assures me that things will be fine as far as bills go, and us moving out, but I need money. There are things that I'd like to buy, and if I don't have it, I can't get it. So a job is what I need. Avon certainly isn't working out. I've done a few orders and have not recieved one cent from them. I haven't made enough. I know the key is to get out there, hand out brochures and talk to people, but who has money now to buy wants, not needs? So luckily I recieved a call from a lady at the YMCA about a job interview. It would be for their day care-a job where I could take Elliot. Well I told Jeff, and not going into specifics, he made a point where me getting a job would do more damage than good. I could detail it more, but that's a little too personal for a blog (though no one reads this).

This past Sunday in Sunday School, our lesson was putting away our worries. Worrying means you do not trust the Lord. Paraphrasing the Bible, scriptures says that though birds are not caged up, they are free to fly wherever, and yet they still eat, still taken care of. The lilies of the field are taken care of-just look at their beautiful colors. We are more valuable than the birds and flowers. So I'm trying my hardest not to worry about anything. That doesn't mean that I'll just sit by, twiddling my thumbs, expecting change to happen. It takes work. And time. So this past summer, my air was completely gone from my car. And this past month, my heat had been slowly going out to the point where it didn't work. I was suppose to pick up Jeff from work Monday evening, while it was raining. My windows were fogged, and I could barely see anything. I had to stop off at Jeff's home to pick up his checks so he could cash them. After I got them, I gave up and called his mother, telling him it was not possible for me to travel with no visibility in the rain at night. I wasn't going to put myself nor my son in the possibility of getting into a wreck. Jeff and I had been talking about getting my car looked at because though we could stand the blistering heat without air, we would not go through the cold without heat. Thankfully, Jeff wasn't needed at work Tuesday, so I wanted to get my car looked at. I usually go to a place to have my car looked at, but I wanted to go to Auto Zone and see what they said first. I was hoping it was something simple and cheap, rather than go to the body shop and have to pay more than I'd like. God came through, because it was the simpliest of things-no anti-freeze. All it took was $15 (with a $7 dollar rebate) to get my heat back on. And you know what? I wasn't worried.

Can't sweat the small stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment