Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Elliot had a good Halloween. We dressed him up as a lion. It's not an inside joke, but there is a reason why the lion is the animal refered most to in Jeff's and my relationship.

 Since he's just a baby, trick or treating didn't seem right. So we went to my church that had a trunk or treating. If you don't know what that is, it's where people had out candies to kids from their trunks. Sounds creepy at first, but it seems that churches are the ones who do them. There were a lot of people there too. We got there about 45 minutes late, but it wasn't like Elliot was going to do any of the activities anyways.

Once we got there, we stood around looking like idiots, but then they called everyone to get in line because the trick or treating was about to start. We started to stand in line, but then got out because we didn't think there was a point in getting candy. Elliot can't eat it, and we certainly didn't need it. So we got out, and walked around. After that, we ended up back in line since it would've been silly just to go there, walk around, then leave. I didn't recognize anyone in line, mainly because the event was also targeted to neighborhood folks. Though, there was a guy behind us who sounded just like Terrance Howard. His face was painted, so who knows? Maybe we had a Hollywood actor standing behind us, and we just didn't know for sure. Everyone loved Elliot's costume (but we did see another child wearing the same one...Elliot was cuter), two people even took his picture. These weren't strangers though. I think I would've drawn the line there. But it was the wife of my Sunday School teacher, and my mom's best friend, who's also an associate minister at our church. With the oohs and awes, we did hold up the line a couple of times, which I thought was funny, since I didn't see it happen to anyone else. Admit it or not, as a parent you do think your child(ren) are cuter than others, so it's okay to be a little vain.

Once we got back in the car, I took a look at the bag, and I have to say I'm slightly disappointed, yet glad at the selection of candy we recieved. On the down side, it was crap candy, but it's okay because this means we wouldn't have to stuff our faces with sugar for the next couple of days.

Though it wasn't much, I am glad that Elliot had a good Halloween. I told Jeff that I hope I can be that type of mom that gets involved in Elliot's school functions like Halloween parties. But then I said that once he reaches something stupid would happen and cancel all kinds of parties. I know there's a mom out there somewhere that age, who is just waiting to make a fuss about her kids getting candy from school and later discovering they have Diabetes.

On an ending note, Jeff had a good first day of work. He didn't stay as long as he has been last week, so it was nice traveling to Indiana, not having to fight traffic. He also said a new contract has been worked out between the staffing agency and FedEx where he'll be making two dollars more on his paycheck. I'm praying this is the thing we need to get out of our houses. All we need next is for him to be hired on permanetly. Gotta start praying more.



No comments:

Post a Comment