Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a sick world after all

In the past couple of weeks, disturbing reports have come in about children being killed in Louisville. First the body of 14 year old Trey Zwicker was found behind a high school, and as of now, his murderer has not been found. Davion Powell, a three year old boy was hit in the head by a stray bullet and died three days later. Thankfully his killer surrendered to the authorites. And a 28 year woman left her 2 year old son in a hot car, and died. Apparently she was too high to notice. These 3 happened in Louisville all in a month. Though the worst thing I saw for myself was this....
I was so angry that I'm sure my blood pressure was at an unhappy level. How can a mother do that to her child? I understand the stress. Stress with a baby has no age limits. But it's how you handle that stress makes all the difference. What did that sweet little boy do to deserve a hand and a pillow over his face causing him not to breathe? All that baby was doing was living, bringing smiles and love to people. He did no harm. And of course his mother had the same sorry excuse as any other mother who had and tried to kill their child(ren), that it was stressful, their father isn't/wasn't around. I agree that a baby, boy or girl should have their father in their lives, but if their father isn't around or is too much of a coward to step up, there are family members to turn to, friends, and neighbors. If you don't have either of those, find a mommy and me class and make new friends. Just don't "throw" your child away because you can't do it by yourself. I applaud the single mothers who are working, and going to school. I don't think that's something I could be strong enough to do. Children and babies are not a fashion accessory, and they won't ever be "out of style." Babies are a blessing, and I can account for that. I thank God every single day that He had brought my Elliot into my life. If you didn't think you could handle a baby and the stress that came with it, then you should have thought about it before having one, or there's adoption. Millions of people have broken hearts because they are unable to have children of their own, or if they have their own, they open their homes and hearts to those who may have parents who feel they can not take care of their children. Babies are not the end of the world. They are the begining. So take care of your children. Tell them you love them, even if they're too young to understand you. Hug them like there's no tomorrow. And most of all, keep them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment