Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We've Only Just Begun

A few days ago, I wrote to the site Technorati that I wanted to write for them. In their standard form, they requested writing samples and asked why I wish to write for them . I stated about my newly found passion and that I didn't care if I had an audience, I had to write. A day later they accepted me. Looking back, I don't know if they accepted me because they actually read my blogs, or they let anyone in with a blog and complete sentences and great grammar. Whatever the case, I was extremely happy.

After my excitement started to simmer, yet still present, I began to write my first piece after reading their policy of writing an article on their site. Once I finished, I felt proud of myself, but didn't know if they were going to send it back for revisions, or reject it all together. I was wrong on both accounts. The next day I recieved an email stating that it was published. I had to do my happy dance, and when I got tired, I went to YouTube and played MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This. I didn't care if my article was the lowest of the lows, or recieved hurtful feedback. My article was published. If I didn't do anything else with my writing, I could still say that I had an article published on a website.

Publishing my article perked me right up. Not only did I have the opportunity to write for them, I had to oil the gears of my thinking machine. What to write? What to write? I decided to follow in the footsteps of my first article's content, which was my opinon about issues in the news, whether it was local or national. My first piece was about Anthony Weiner (haha, Weiner), and my second-which I am still waiting to hear back from-is about Kentucky's proposal for the homeless, elderly, and disabled to use their food stamp card in fast food restaurants.

So it seems as though my journey has officially begun, and only I can push myself foward. I can't stop, or take a detour. I will, however, allow myself a few pit stops so I can gather my thoughts and continue down the path of writing. This is a road that I don't see ending, and that is the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment