Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The last couple of days have been slow but steady. Last time I was bummed because I felt that Elliot favors Jeff as the favorite parent. I still feel that way, but I'm not as sad as I was. Sunday I spoke with Jeff on the way home from church, and we talked about it for a bit. I told him my being upset/sad has nothing to do with him. And it doesn't. I'm glad that Elliot loves his daddy and smiles and laughs when Jeff does silly things. Elliot is blessed to have two parents who are crazy about him. How could I be sad about that?

In other news, I've been thinking about getting back into Avon. Now that I have to stay home while Jeff works, I need money. Sometimes I wish I could get a job, but I love staying at home with Elliot. It's a confusing time for us. A couple of years ago, I did this weight loss research program that paid $75 dollars a visit, with a $5 gas card. I might look into that again.

It's not good for anyone to obsess with money, but good gracious, that's all I've been doing for the past 5 months. Yet I have to constantly think about money. I have bills to pay, though I keep using my credit card. But I have to use my credit card to buy things I or Elliot needs. However, I am guilty of using it for unnecessary expenses, like going out to eat, but that's the only unnecessary expense.

I'm at a lost. Jeff doesn't technically have this job at FedEx yet. This week is just the classes, where Friday will be the test to determine whether or not he'll be hired. So I suppose my knees will have carpet burn since I'll be kneeling and praying all this week. He (meaning God) has to give us a break. Well, not "has to." Certainly can't tell Him what to do. But something's got to give.

Lawd have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment