Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Untitled

Jeff had a job interview at the lumber place which is a lot closer to us than the FedEx job in Indiana. It was really quick too, maybe 10 minutes. The way Jeff described how it went was as if the guy was telling him what he'd be doing instead of the usual questions; "What are your strengths/weakness?" and such. I am praying so hard that he gets this job, especially after he told me about the pay rate. I would like to work as well, but this has been a see saw of an adventure. Only one of us can have a job, because of Elliot. We don't want to do day care, and we don't want to leave him with Jeff's mother or my dad. We love them, but we just don't think they're ready to take care of a 7 month old for several hours. Also, there's just one car between us-mine. So it's easier for me to get a job since it's my car, but it depends who gets a job first. However, since it looks like Jeff will get a job first, I'd have to take him and pick him up which also means getting Elliot into the car, maybe in the wee hours of the morning. Life would be so much simpler if Jeff's mother would let him use the car. But because of his accident (3 years ago), she doesn't seem to trust him so much. Yet, she let's his lackluster of a half brother use it from time to time, and borrow large amounts of money with a slim chance of paying it back.

I might like being a sahm. I can see myself staying in the house with Elliot, cleaning, and cooking. Not that I want to bring myself into the woman's role of the 50s. Hell, I'd probably be bored to death, getting fustrated with Elliot, and be upset that Jeff couldn't/wouldn't take care of him once he gets home because he's too tired. Who knows. I just know that we shouldn't put all of our eggs in one basket.

I talked with my best friend today (no, not T). She's still dealing with the ex-wife drama. From the things that she tells me, the ex seems to still be in love with my friend's husband. Or at least thinking "If I can't have you, no one can." By what I've heard, the ex has some extremem issure to work out. I thank God I don't have to worry about an ex of that craziness. The only ex I get concerned about from time to time is the Jeff had talked to a couple of times throughout our relationship. It was never sexual or planning to hang out, just a catching up. At least I better be right. The problem is, is that she's still in love with him. Even told Jeff she would pay his child support and welcome him into her home if he'd just left me. Jeff stayed with the "struggle." Not that Elliot and I are a struggle, per se, just the struggle of finding a job and getting out of our homes to move under one roof.

I wish I could write more, but honestly, I am tired. From what, I don't know. We didn't do all that much today. Guess I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment