Sunday, October 16, 2011

Leap of faith, or gut instinct?

Tomorrow is my second interview at this sales/marketing firm. I'm suppose to be there pretty much all day, 1-8:30. Like I said, I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket, but I am having some thoughts whether or not to go at all.

In my research about the company, I found all sorts of social media links and their web site. The office where I had my interview looked convinceing. And the CEO was very clean cut. Yet there's something still bothering me about the place. I understand that you, the job seeker, have the option to have employers see your resume, without even knowing who they are, unless you're contacted by them. Not having ever heard of them before should not be a reason for turning this down. There are hundreds of places I've never heard of that I've applied to. Because they're are hiring for different positions, I don't know why the CEO didn't want my best friend for a second interview. When I went in Friday, I figured I was going for entry level sales, which, according to careerbuilder, experience is not required. Maybe they require someone with a degree, I don't know. Yet not having a degree doesn't mean you're not capable, especially when a job says they'll train. The CEO told me that this firm works with a phone/internet company, which is why this firm has moved to Louisville. However, there are one or two weekends out of the month where taveling is required for conventions and such. How many conventions could there be in a month?

Flip side of the coin....

Am I reading too much into this? By having all of these doubt, am I just looking for a way out? Why am I afraid of taking chances? I can't stay in customer service forever. At least not in a shopper/cashier relationship. I've been wanting to work in a office for so long. Have my own office, and desk where I can set pictures of Elliot all around (I'm not even sure if this is how it is there). I want to challenge myself, since I have a family of my own now. I can't keep job hopping all my life. Besides, there's nothing guaranteed beyond tomorrow. I may find that there are valid reasons for not pursing this position. They may not even want me after tomorrow. It is a interview, after all. Another thing that I'm afraid of is taking this job and discovering that it isn't for me after all. But right now, after not working for almost a year, I should stick it out. I worry too much.

All I can do is pray, and hopefully He'll tell me if I should go for it or not. In the end, I am letting go and letting God.

No comments:

Post a Comment